Operating System - HP-UX
1756562 Members
2308 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

In witch 11.31 release was APA bundled ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
cartman_2
Frequent Advisor

In witch 11.31 release was APA bundled ?

Hi,

I can't find which was the first 11.31 release , where apa was bundled without needing to purchase a license.

was it 2008 FOE release?, or with the first BOE ?

If you have a FOE release that needs codeword for installing APA, and you have the BOE media, can you install APA(and it won't ask for the codeword?) from the BOE media without having to update to the new release?

I understand that if you have a FOE release you are entitled to a BOE release, only if you have and active support contract ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
likid0
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: In witch 11.31 release was APA bundled ?

It doesn't answer to your question but, What I can tell you is that for 11.31 you can download APA software from hp website.

Here you have a link:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=HPUX-APA

""I understand that if you have a FOE release you are entitled to a BOE release, only if you have and active support contract ? ""

Yes, you need and active support contract to upgrade from FOE to BOE, so they send you the new media DVDs
Windows?, no thanks
Trevor Roddam_1
Valued Contributor

Hi Cartman..... never thought I would be saying that on an HP forum.

Yes, BOE was the first OE with APA bundled.
That's any version of BOE.

FOE had APA as an additional purchased product.
BOE media should not be asking for an APA codeword, whereas FOE will.

and Yes, a valid support contract will entitle a valide FOE to BOE upgrade. There are some caviets on that but all very standard, like you can provide proof of purchase etc.
With that upgrade comes the assumption you will also be using the new OE version, don't then make a support call and be running FOE....
Happy hunting.
Trevor.
Baldric, I have a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasle.
cartman_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, all clear