1757070 Members
2556 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Intergrated Management system on HP LC2000R with Linux

Jon Burman

Intergrated Management system on HP LC2000R with Linux

Hi

After reading the Manuals that come with the LC2000R on the integrated management assistant I see that it is possible to redirect screen content to the management console. The manual however seems to deal mainly with NT using pcANYWHERE. It does mention the use of connecting a serial terminal directly to the back of the machine but really doesn't go into much detail.

Anyway I connected a terminal to the back using the type of cable specified in the manual and the machine will display messages through out boot up and shut down, however I can't see any way of setting up the machine to redirect the linux console output to the terminal. (I am not using X)

I may just be misunderstanding the purpose of this port but if anyone can shed some light it would be helpful.

Thanks

Jon
1 REPLY 1
Chris Fishwick

Re: Intergrated Management system on HP LC2000R with Linux

Jon,

I don't know anything specific about the LC2000r management ports, but you may like to have a look at the 'setconsole' command within linux.

The description from the man page reads as follows: "setconsole - sets the systems console to local video or serial console"

Hope this helps

Regards

Chris
How much truth can money buy?