Operating System - HP-UX
1753808 Members
8061 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Looking for a list of goodies in adb (absolute debugger)...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a list of goodies in adb (absolute debugger)...

> Adb does provide information that is of interest to system and database administrators. If there is another interface to this information I will gladly use it! It would be nice to be able to call functions from a library to get what I want.

Well, for hardware information, you will get everything you would ever want from cstm, and ioscan:

echo "selclass qualifier all; info;wait;infolog" | cstm

ioscan -kf

(ioscan is very fast with -k). The information useful to system admins is found in kmtune (kctune for 11.31 and later). You will also find a lot of details in print_manifest and of course, glance. I'm not sure what a database admin needs that the sysadmin can't provide from these tools -- other than a translator for the vendor's terminology like "system resources" or disk block size.

Checkout the above list along with the previously mentioned pstat() and then post back the details you want that are not provided in those interfaces. You can also download sysinfo and look through each of the data collection functions for ideas. If you are looking for a documentation tool, Nickel is a nice tool to collect system info and turn it into a nice set of clickable web pages.

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/286022-0-0-225-121.html

Bill Hassell, sysadmin