1757723 Members
2484 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network Failtover

Richard Cen

Network Failtover

I am trying to config a HP 9000 SRV/HPUX 11
to hav HOt Standby NIC & Switch, Can anyone tell me where I can obtain information or documents?
4 REPLIES 4
Syed Naseer_1
Occasional Advisor

The best approach would be to have MC/ServiceGuard installed. Information about configuring your NIC for HOT failover can be obtained from the "Instant Information CD" supplied with your instllation CD, under "MC/ServiceGuard"..
rajsri
Frequent Advisor

hi
what i understand from ur question is to have second lan as stand by , with the same IP as primary lan so if primary lan card goes down u can access through secondaray.

solution for this :
1.there is a software called Auto Port Aggregation which will do Load balansing and High availabilty ,you can have same IP for upto 4 cards.

other alternative is to configure with different ip and same host name , but this is not reliable , in here session will fail , when lan fails .
Chris Weaver

>solution for this :
>1.there is a software called Auto Port
>Aggregation which will do Load balansing
>and High availabilty ,you can have same IP
>for up to 4 cards.

Can you provide some more information on this, web link perhaps?

>other alternative is to configure with
>different ip and same host name , but this
>is not reliable , in here session will
>fail , when lan fails .

My problem with this is the HP routing table is not removing the interface when the link is down and thus packets headed to that interface just die.
In my case one of the two gets listed first for the local subnet and the other gets the default so depending on which link dies I either loose local connectivity or remote.
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Go read the APA sections under:

http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/communications/#doc

This should help you.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!