Operating System - HP-UX
1753765 Members
5576 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Usage of /etc/ddfa/dp

DAVID LUKE

Usage of /etc/ddfa/dp

How can I configure this file to allow multiple telnet sessions from the same PC so that I can assign specific ports to each telnet
ie 128.27.106.190 00/00 /dev/tenet/cjy01 works
and gives me the same port each time
if I start a second telnet session simultaneously on the same PC what do I need to do to allow me to connect to dev/telnet/cjy02 for example
4 REPLIES 4
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi

My first question is why?

Are you connectiog through a spider?

1. Configuring OCD :-

2. Add, using vi, new device in /etc/ddfa/dp (note that the letter ???O??? is used in the spider address ??? ie spid3O05 (three, oh, zero, five).
3. Check that an ocd is not already running for the new port ???
Ps ???ef|grep ocd|grep spid3O05.
4. If no ocd is running then - Start new ocd in /dev/telnet/ (see ps ???ef | grep ocd)

# ocd -n191.1.0.205 -f/dev/telnet/spid5O07 -bxx -p3026 -c/etc/ddfa/pcf

5. If ocd is added then check that it is running ??? ps ???ef|grep ocd
See also # man ocd
check port config on spider

To reset and restart the ocd DPP software:-

kill -15 `ps -e | grep ocd | awk '{print $1}'` (Kill all ocd processes (do not use ???9 as device files will not be cleared).

/usr/sbin/dpp /etc/ddfa/dp ???k (Full ocd reset)

change variable DDFA=0 to DDFA=1 in /etc/rc.config.d/netdaemons to enable after a reboot.

HTH

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
DAVID LUKE

Paula thanks for the response - we are not using a spider - we normally connect using DTC's but also have users who connect to our boxes using telnet - we would like to make sure that they get the same port each time they access the system - we also have software running that will allow reconnection to previous sessions if they come back on the same port - currently if I try to logon a second time on the same PC I get "connection to host lost" on the second connection but the original connection still works fine
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

David

For ease I would use the /etc/services file and setup their telnet sessions to each go to a different port.

Paula

If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
DAVID LUKE

Paula

Thanks again - I'm afraid I'm one of those who can't spell SysAdmin! - what would the /etc/services need to look like for multiple entries - would the /etc/ddfa/dp still need amending - as well? Is there no way that the 00/00 can be changed to reflect a specific session? Similar to DTC board and port numbers - Sorry to be such a novice on this one

Thanks

David