8937 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sendmail problem

David_550
Advisor

sendmail problem

Hi,
Somebody can help me with this: I have a hpux server and sendmail in this sever. My hpux domain name by example is:
hpux1.mall.com.ec
and an user root send emails in this form:
root@hpux1.mall.com.ec

I need change my email domain in this form:
mall.com.ec
I edit the files /etc/resolv.conf in this form:
mall.com.ec IN MX 10 hpux1.mall.com.ec
and i edit too /etc/virtusertable and put
root@mall.com.ec root

But if i send an email with my user root, the email go to the user in this form root@hpux1.mall.com.ec. but if i receive an email, to the user root@mall.com.ec the email is maping to the user root, it is fine. But the first not, why??

What is the problem?
Please help

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You will need to masquerade your domain in your sendmail.cf file in order for the 'send out' to work.

Edit /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file

search for "^DM" and add maill.com.ec to DM entry.

Search for "^CE" and take out root if it is listed. This tells that all the users specified with the macro will be excluded from domain masquerading.

-Sri

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
David_550
Advisor

Thanks,
But if i edit maskarade in sendmail.cf and this server "hpux1" will be "relay" for others email servers (Exchange servers), do this affect to my others emails domain? and all the emails that the hpux1 relay , my hpux1 it masked in this form mall.com.ec??

Thanks
Help
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

I am not sure if this is what you want but as far as I can see, you want the hpux1 name dropped out of your email address when you send a piece of mail out. What Sri suggested works for every piece of email root user sends out. For a one time change of the sender information you can use -f switch with your sendmail command, i.e.,

cat |
sendmail -f root@mall.com.ec receiver@emailaddress.com

hope this helps