1753706 Members
5038 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

sudo issue

Anil
Advisor

sudo issue

I have installed latest sudo software on my 11.23 box, the software I downloaded from software.hp.com.

# swlist | grep -i sudo
ixSudo A.14.00-1.7.2p1.001 Super User Do

And I have configured the sudoers file, but when I try to use sudo, I get following error.

$ sudo su -
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: setegid (code) from sudo
Abort
$

Any clues..?

Thanks in advance,
Anil
6 REPLIES 6
Anil
Advisor

Re: sudo issue

I have seen some posts referring similar issue and giving a solution to have previous version of sudo install. Where do I get these depots for downlaod ?
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Few functions including "setegid" are not available on HP-UX 11.23 unless following portability package is installed.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=PortPkg
a warrior never quits
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

I have the previous version of sudo, send me your email address.
a warrior never quits
Anil
Advisor

anilrajr@gmail.com
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

From a previous post:

> setegid ...

Known problem with the current version of sudo supplied by HP (and also at the HP-UX Porting Centre). setegid has been removed from 11.23 and later versions. The writers of sudo realized that this can be a problem and have an ifdef in the code to handle the missing system call but sudo 1.7.2p1 was built incorrectly, this the error message. Get an earlier version from your IExpress DVD for 11.23 (I used the 2004 DVD for 1.6.7p5) and it will work just fine. Otherwise, you'll need to get the source code and build it with the correct options.

Here are the details: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1402767

Note that I tried installing the latest sudo version after the portability package was installed and it still failed to locate the setegid() system call. The version from the porting centre required OpenSSL and other tools to make it work. That's why I stayed with the version from the 2004 iExpress DVD.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Anil
Advisor

I have got the previous version and installed. Thanks all..