Operating System - HP-UX
1752679 Members
5251 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: sudo: unable to dlopen /usr/local/libexec/sudoers.so: No such file or directory.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: sudo: unable to dlopen /usr/local/libexec/sudoers.so: No such file or directory.

Without knowing where you got the sudo-ldap depot, I cannot verify its requirements.

However, your LDAPUX is very likely the right depot. Please read the installation instructions carefully, as I think the LDAPUX depot has certain pre-requisites regarding patch levels. (I know the LDAPUX depot comes originally from software.hp.com, so that's where you can find the installation instructions too.)

The LDAPUX depot is a dual-architecture depot (*_IA_PA.depot), so it contains software for both PA-RISC and Itanium versions of HP-UX. That's why it's so big. The swinstall will automatically choose the appropriate contents for your hardware.

By running a command like "swlist -l file -s /full/path/to/LDAPUX_B.05.01_HP-UX_B.11.31_IA_PA.depot |grep libldap.so", you could see if the depot contains the requested library or not.

MK
chetan morey
Advisor

Thanks Dennis Handly and Matti Kurkela for your support.

Now I am able to switch from normal user to root user using sudo.

As a next part I want to give limited root previlageous to a perticular user.

I am using following link for the same. 

http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/sudo.man.html#x504c5547494e53

In link it show to edit perticular file like /etc/sudo.conf  file

But there is no such file generated.

Please suggest.

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The pathname in the link you posted assumes sudo is installed along with the OS, like it is done with most Linuxes today. But you're apparently using a package that installs to /usr/local, as a third-party add-on. So the pathname is probably /usr/local/etc/sudo.conf instead.

You should make sure that your $MANPATH environment variable includes /usr/local/man (see /etc/MANPATH and edit if necessary), then you should be able to run "man sudo" on your system. The man page creation process usually replaces the standard paths in the manpage text with the appropriate custom paths if the installation has been customized; so if you run "man sudo" the displayed man page should tell you the correct location of the sudo.conf file for your sudo installation.

But you might not even need sudo.conf unless you need special sudo plugins (a new feature). You should be reading the "sudoers" man page first: http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/sudoers.man.html

Note: the sudoers man page is very long, as the writer describes the file format in exacting detail, starting from individual configuration elements and building up. You may want to skip to the end, read the EXAMPLES section first to get a general idea of what the sudoers configuration will look like, and then read the rest of the man page to get the full understanding.

MK