New Discussion юеВ

Problem installing OpenSSH on Windows 2003

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andre Bouwman
Occasional Contributor

Problem installing OpenSSH on Windows 2003

Hi,

OpenSSH version 3.7.1p1-1 is installed during the setup of HP SIM 4.2.

The installation of OpenSSH on Windows 2003 fails however. On the dialog "OpenSSH Service Logon As User" the setup asks for an account and password.

My account is already filled in. But it doesn't accept my password: "The supplied password is not valid". It won't accept any other account+password either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andre
6 REPLIES 6
Pedro Azevedo
Occasional Advisor

Re: Problem installing OpenSSH on Windows 2003

My experience with insight tells me that there are no straight answears with that... If you have a changed SNMP community name (other than public), take the time to see if there are no bad spelling on any of the agents.
If the agents and manager server trust each other by certificate.
If you have a server on a secure network.
Then you can do the following:
1 - Create a local computer account XXX with password YYY and put it on the administrators group
2 - Create a domain account named XXX with password YYY and put it in the administrators group
3 - Make shure you don't have SNMP Authentification Trap enable: if not you will make mxdomainmgr (or is it mxdomainmngr?)to have a memory leak that keeps making your manager service to come down.
4 - Install insight manger with domain account
Hope that helps
Greetings from the country of Sun
Annette Jones_3
Advisor

There is also a whitepaper on openssh and windows 2000/2003. But you don't need openssh for the majority of thinhs in HPSIM, just for advanced output for managed tasks and Initial SSD deployment. All firmware deplyment can be completed without openssh.

good luck
Ray Collins
Occasional Advisor

OpenSSH typically wants to use the local Administrator account. If you installing this on a DC then there is different procedure to make it work. See the release notes from SIM 4.2 for the procedure.
G L_1
Advisor

I have had this problem too.

I set up an AD DC and tried installing OpenSSH onto it. It refuses the password and i can't get past that part of the installation.

I have looked through many whitepaper and have not found any answers to that. I just guess you can't install SSH onto a DC.

If there is a solution out there, it would be great to hear since its a problem I have been forced to leave aside temporarily.
Christopher Knight_1
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Andre see this thread, I think it has your answer.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=823871
Andre Bouwman
Occasional Contributor

Thanks all.

Your help was very usefull. The problem I had however was actually specific to our environment: We rename the local administrator account for security reasons. Still I could not continue with the installation: It did not accept "Administrator" nor the renamed account.

Finally I discovered that the installation is trying to write to the account's local profile folder. And this one is still called "Administrator"!

I deleted the profile and logged on again; a new profile folder was created with the same name as the account; then the installation succeeded.

Andre