New Discussion юеВ

Ag118a upgrade kit components?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mastsrl
Frequent Advisor

Ag118a upgrade kit components?

Hello,
i'd like to know in detail what components does this kit includes as i can't find it listed anywhere and the HP site doesn't has the electronic manual.
AFAIK it includes the LTO2 drive in a metal sled ready to be plugged into the MSL2024 library and nothing else, but i need to know exactly that -does it come with a sled or just a standalone drive?-
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Ag118a upgrade kit components?

Hi,

Searching for AG118A on PartSurfer http://partsurfer.hp.com shows that it is the drive kit, so yes it should come with the sled.

"407353-001 Ultrium 448 tape drive assembly - LTO2, half-height form factor - Includes sled"

Cheers,

Rob
mastsrl
Frequent Advisor

how did you find the part number from poartsurfer?, i entered ag118a in the "by part number" box and the result was:
Product : HP StorageWorks MSL2024/4048 Ultrium 448 Drive Upgrade Kit
but no part # like you pasted :S
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

AG118A is the model number... If you search by that instead, then you can drill down to the various parts.

Cheers,
Rob
mastsrl
Frequent Advisor

Rob,
i've found what you meant entering it into the model number but the thing is that how do i know that the AG118A corresponds to that part number?

i mean, i get:
Product name HP model number(s)
HP StorageWorks MSL2024 Tape Library AG118A, AG118AR

no matter which link i click the expanded parts "for all parts" are the same in the "drives" section
mastsrl
Frequent Advisor

errr another thingy
on "drive[drive]" the part 407353-001N that you mention appears.
but beneath in Product [Electronic Accessories] the AG118A appears.
now i'm totally lost.

does the sled comes as a separate option?, what if i have a standalone scsi drive and i want to convert it for an MSL?(is the front of the drive the same as a standalone or is a special frontless drive?)

or what if i have a broken drive, but don't want to replace the entire sled?(or if the sled broke but not the drive).

thanks in advance

which parts are those?