Windows Server 2003
1760212 Members
3414 Online
108893 Solutions
New Discussion

How to get rid of CPQISCSI errors in log if you can't disable iSCSI

Jeff Levin

How to get rid of CPQISCSI errors in log if you can't disable iSCSI

I am having ethe exact same problem described in message 1251380 on my Proliant ML350 G5 server running Windows Server 2003: Errors 267 and 270 generated by "storage agents." The errors are:

"The Storage Agents service could not start agent 'CPQISCSI'. The data contains the error code."

data: 0000: 00000102

"The Storage Agents service could not terminate agent 'CPQISCSI'. The data contains the error code."

data: 0000: 00000102

I tried following the recommended solution -- removing iSCSI from the HP Management Agents, but when I did, the machine would no longer boot. I had to go back to the last known good configuration. It would seem that I need it, but can't escape the errors if I use it. Does anyone know of any other way in which I might make them go away?
1 REPLY 1
David Koch_3

Re: How to get rid of CPQISCSI errors in log if you can't disable iSCSI

Has there been any response to this?

We have been getting the same errors

Event ID: 270 (and 267)
Description:
The Storage Agents service could not terminate agent "CPQISCSI". The data contains the error code.
Data:
0000: 02 01 00 00 ....

and the DL385 G1 reboots. The machine has started doing this over the last month, but the frequency is increasing. We are not running iSCSI and are reluctant to remove iSCSI from the HP Management Agents after Jeff's experience. Any help would be appreciated.