2557 Online
108999 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Apollo A6000 - FAN dissapearing

HostSlick
Occasional Contributor

HP Apollo A6000 - FAN dissapearing

Hi everyone,

I need quick help from your techs, or maybe someone else know.

I have a bunch of HP Apollo A6000 in the datacenter and none of them show this behaviour.

The Blades are shutting down because a FAN dissappears from ILo4 , its not detecting it.
Then after 1-2min it will be detected again. But sometimes blades shutdown because the FAN dissappear for more then 60sec.

1-2 months back it was the FAN 2 - we bought a new FAN and thought it will be solved.

Now it happens to FAN 5 (which is also FAN10).

The FANs dont show as failed. They dissappear from the Enclosure and show back as "OK".
Can it be the enclosure? Or its maybe coincidence and the FAN 5 is bad as well even its "OK"?

Or is there some backplane behind the Fans in the enclosure which it could cause? If yes, can this thing be replaced?

I have a screenshot here from the ILO4 logs:
http://kutzner.biz/screenshot.PNG

Anyone has a idea?

1 REPLY 1
Shiva_r
HPE Pro

Re: HP Apollo A6000 - FAN dissapearing

Hi HostSlick,
  The issue looks strange...
  Need some clarifications here,
  1) Are the temperature sensor readings showing an issue?
  2) If you remember, any changes made on power options?
  3) Are you getting any other power redundancy or heat sink errors in logs and events?
  4) What is the status light of the fan showing?

Here we go with possibilities :
    1)    There might be a change in power options causing this problem. Verify the power options and it should be set to redundant.
    2)    The spare fan should be compatible and match the original product number or spare part number of the fan that was replaced and seated properly.
    3)    At the bottom of the fans, you can see the status lights for Fan2 and Fan5. Please observe the lights.
        Light is Off: The fan is working or the power is off.
        Light is Solid amber: The fan has failed.

Any personal opinions expressed are mine and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo