Application Integration
1754903 Members
3880 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Query: Nimble vCenter plugin for vCenter 8?

SOLVED
Go to solution
COH_Admin
Occasional Collector

Nimble vCenter plugin for vCenter 8?

Is there a plugin for the new vCenter 8 for the Nimble?  We have Nimble version 6.0.0.500-1005932-opt installed, but the plugin fails when attemping to register it to our vCenter.  I've read that vCenter 8 and forward will only work with "remote" plugins and not "local" anymore, so wondering if Nimble has an updated plugin that will work.  I've tried to un-register and re-register the plugin, but it fails in vCenter when attempting to install.  Is it possible to download and install an updated plugin for the Nimble, or does it have to be installed via the NimbleOS?

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Nimble vCenter plugin for vCenter 8?

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Installation Guide Version 7.8

2. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Installation Guide (8.3)

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

COH_Admin
Occasional Collector

Not sure if this was an automated reply from a bot of some kind, but not sure those links really help.  They were published 6 years ago way before vCenter 8 was out, so not sure if it would even be relevant.  Anyway, I found this website which appears to say that there is a plugin that is compatible with vCenter 8; now I just have to figure out where to get this plugin and how to install it.

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=wcp&productid=53356&vcl=true

giladzzz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

the plugin is part of the Nimble OS as far as I know

vmware 8.0 is only supported from version 6.1.1.100

it might not be supported at all if you look in Infosight 

in the configuration matrix.

https://infosight.hpe.com/org/bd316693-18b4-464e-8223-229857bd9669/resources/nimble/validated-configuration-matrix 

Regards

Give a KUDO if this helps

COH_Admin
Occasional Collector

Thank you!  You are correct in that's it's only supported in Nimble OS 6.1.1.100.  I took the chance and updated Nimble and then I was able to register the plugin back to vCenter.  Thanks again!

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @COH_Admin

Awesome! 

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo