Array Performance and Data Protection
1755664 Members
3517 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Finding volume "spike"

rb198033

Finding volume "spike"

So here is the scenario: I log into the Nimble admin UI, and on the home screen see the "overall" graphs of Throughput and IOPS. I notice that sometime a couple hours ago, there was a huge "spike" in IOPS and throughput. I would like to know which volume this occurred on, so the current methodology is to go to monitor/performance, and change the Volume drop-down to each volume individually to locate the corresponding spike. With a long list of volumes, this is a tedious process.... surely there must be a better way? It sure would be helpful if there was a screen that showed the graphs for all volumes, and you could just quickly scan it and visually find the corresponding volume. Does anybody have any tips for this? Or is this a feature request?

2 REPLIES 2
apolman45
Advisor

Re: Finding volume "spike"

Hi Rob,

There's a shortcut kind of hidden away. If you select Manage - Volumes there's a tab in the right upper corner (next to Space) that says Performance. If you select this tab you will see an overview of volumes and their IOPS.

Arne

rb198033

Re: Finding volume "spike"

Thanks, that's "close" but only shows the performance numbers over the past 5 minutes.

What I am looking for is to be able to see the performance graphs over a time period to be able to narrow down a past "event" on a particular volume.

The individual volume graphs can show this, but it just would be so much faster to have them all on one page, vertically aligned.

I may have to extract the data to an external system to accomplish this.