108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Operation not permitted when editing performance policy attributes

SOLVED
Go to solution
alexbcu125
Occasional Contributor

Operation not permitted when editing performance policy attributes

I'm trying to rename all our performance policies that have spaces in the title but I keep getting the error "ERROR: Failed to edit performance policy attributes. Operation not permitted."  I've logged in as the local admin and same result.  I can reproduce the error via CLI and GUI.  Our version is 2.2.7.0-247593-opt.

Please help.

Thanks,

aB

4 REPLIES 4
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi Alex,

I don't believe we allow you to edit the default shipping performance policies in the array, which is why you're getting the error when trying to do so.

Might be worth putting in a call to support to request this as a future feature request.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Valdereth
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Numbers, letters, colons, dashes, and dots are valid characters for the performance policy names.  One thing you can do is create a new performance policy and then edit the Volumes to use the custom policy.  You would need to make sure the block size is the same between the two policies - but aside from that, it should achieve the same result you're looking for.

alexbcu125
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Nick and Valdereth!

What is the impact if move the volumes to the new custom perf policy (with the same block size, etc.)?

Thanks again!

Alex

Valdereth
Trusted Contributor

I ran through the process on our demo array and there was no noticeable change aside from the new policy name.  No blips, spikes, or drops.. just as I've learned to expect with Nimble.