3563 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Adding a signed SSL certificate to the Nimble GUI

SOLVED
Go to solution
rbutterworth54

Any update on this?  I can't add my admin page to my Okta SSO system due to the certificate warnings. 

aprice119
Valued Contributor

Hi Rob.

There remains no way to do this as an end-user but you can open a support ticket and have them assist you.  NOS was updated a few months ago to prevent it from erasing custom SSL certificates during an upgrade.  With support's help you can load your own and it will persist.  Also, the support ticket will help continue to show that there is customer demand for this feature.  I need to open a ticket myself to get one installed.

Alan

txhookem2

Bumping for an update.  Are we any closer to being able to do this ourselves?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

NimbleOS 3.0 is slated to have this feature, although no set timeline on release just yet.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
PeterMu
Occasional Advisor

nice...what else can you tell us about possible features of 3.0?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Nothing to mention as of yet in a public forum; i'd expect more news / information on 3.0 in the next couple of months.

Nick Dyer
Jacob_Wilde
Advisor

The other recommendation I would suggest is that anyone interested in having this feature released open a ticket with support asking they be added to RFE #368, the more people that Nimble knows want this feature the higher it'll get prioritized.

ENVOY
Occasional Visitor

Welp, it's been 4 years since this topic was last updated and Nimble OS is now well into the 5.x's. Yet this is still one of the very first search results I get when looking for installing a custom SSL cert on the Nimble OS Web UI.

Any update here? Or did this really get marked as "Solved" based on a response that essentially boils down to "our support team isn't sufficiently burdened by these requests, therefore we won't let you do it yourself"?

Is this thing on? 

Just kidding - found it. FYI the guide at that link is using a MS Active Directory environment and CA to generate/issue the cert but you should be able to apply the directions provided to any cert vendor who takes a CSR.

EliteX2Owner
Advisor

Hard to believe seven years later this is where we're at currently.  Even the antiquated interface of APC PDU's lets you upload a certificate.  The way Nimble OS handles it, staff have to go through the time wasting pain of going into each array, generating a new CSR, taking it to a real authority to sign, do the email or dns validation, wait for it to be issued, cut/paste, move on to the next.  It's even worse now that cert issuers have dramatically reduced the length you can purchase.  We have wildcard certs to solve this problem, which all of our other infrastructure hardware is happy to accept, but then there's Nimble...

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello,

We've done some significant enhancements to security within NimbleOS 5.2 (available now as GA Candidate)...

I've personally not had a chance to test this out yet....

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 20.57.10.jpg

Take a look at Page 170 of the NimbleOS 5.2 Admin Guide for more information.

Nick Dyer