108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connecting Array to Vcentre Behind Firewall

SOLVED
Go to solution
marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Connecting Array to Vcentre Behind Firewall

What ports need opening for the nimble array to communicate with vcentre. What does the Nimble plugin require from VCENTRE to nimble?

Regards in advance,

Mark.

5 REPLIES 5
rfenton4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Connecting Array to Vcentre behind firewall

Array to vCenter:

The array will attempt to connect to the vCenter on port 443.

vCenter to Array:

The vCenter will attempt to connect to the array on port 443 to obtain the plug-in definition.

Thick client:

The vCenter client will attempt to connect to the array on port 443.

Note: in NOS 2.2.2 the user can change the default port used as in many Windows installations vCenter cannot be allocated to 443 as IIS will be assigned to this by default

marktheblue45
Valued Contributor

Re: Connecting Array to Vcentre behind firewall

That's as I thought but you have to allow both controllers IP's to get to vCentre and vCentre need to get to the management (VIP) address. I initially opened 443 between vCentre and the Nimble management floating IP however a trace revealed the array was using the active controller IP. Naturally I put both controller A & B IP's into the rule.

Cheers Rich..

jdarcy125

Hi Rich Fenton,

So I am in this same scenario where I need to enable communication between vCenter and Nimble using the plugin, but I wanted to ask for some clarification.

If I use the management only on eth1 and tg1,2 for data only, do I need to make anything other than the Management IP address accessible to vCenter?

Does all communication happen over the management network? (wherever this may be assigned.)

rfenton4
Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff

It depends which interfaces you choose to register the vcenter plugin with... on the registration screen:

Untitled.jpg

In this instance if you choose the mgt-data subnet then it will route over eth1/eth2.  If you select the data subnet it will use the tg1/tg2 ports

Hope this helps

Rich

jdarcy125

Yes thank you.

So you have the choice on both counts.

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/Ox5hz3>