108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Factory Reset/Wipe

SOLVED
Go to solution
tkutil115
Occasional Contributor

Factory Reset/Wipe

How do I Factory Reset/Wipe an array? Seems that Array --resetup doesnt really clean it up. We are in process of learning and want to run through a couple of setups from scratch

8 REPLIES 8
daniel_moloney
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi Troy,

Please raise a support ticket with our support team who can assist with completing the rest/wipe process for you. Depending on your location you can find the correct toll free number here Customer Support | Nimble Storage.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Spamgoessplat
Occasional Collector

That response is not helpful Daniel_monkey. The Support page for nimbles in HPE is a dead loop. I have tried multiple links when searching Nimble and all have lead to the notice "this product is no longer supported"

But I did find the following which should answer the question and provide additional reference material. 

Short answer is: array --resetup

I found the info in a document at the following on Page 11. 

https://community.hpe.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/array-setup-networking/891/1/pubs_command_reference_2_3.pdf

mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Spamgoessplat,

Sorry to hear about the experience with the support webpage   Here are the nimble storage support phone numbers depending on your Geo:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=a00050207enw

The main page is https://support.hpe.com and search for "Nimble Storage" on that gives you this doc above.

HPE Nimble Storage
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Indeed - this thread was written >3 years ago, before Nimble was acquired. Hence the link is dead. Thankfully @mamatadesaiNim provided the correct link.

If you need to reset or reinitialise a Nimble array, you MUST speak with Nimble Support for this to happen. You can always email support@nimblestorage.com too.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
GonzaloIZarate
Regular Visitor

You can reset the nimble, through the serial port with Putty, you login, then introduce the command: array-- resetup then you answer yes and start over with the device.

Norbi

AF40, the resetup procedure does not reset the dhci stack-setup wizard, how to reset it?
Because if I want to re-run the stack wizard again, it says: The array has already been configured. You will be redirected to the HPE Storage array management page."

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Clearing the dHCI setup requires assistance from Nimble Support.

Contacting HPE Nimble Storage Support - 24x7x365
US contact numbers: 877-364-6253 (877-3NIMBLE) / local 408-432-9600
Email to support@nimblestorage.com – will generate a support case – please provide serial numbers and clear description of issue.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Be aware not only will you need Nimble Support to clear all the metadata on the array, along with things like the Reserved-Service-Datastores; 
the ESXi hosts and the ProLiant iLOs also require cleanup.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo