New Discussion юеВ

FW Update procedure for 68-Pin ultra320 scsi drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

FW Update procedure for 68-Pin ultra320 scsi drives

Hi folks,

I am trying to update the firmware on some old scsi ultra 320 68-pin hard drives (Model Number is BD14697B58) but seem to be getting no where, I have the drives in a proliant ML370 G5 Attached to LSI22320-R(HP) HBA, the drives can be seen at post and in disk management etc within win2003 server, but i cannot get ACU to see the controller, i have tried various versions of update manager, smart start both on USB and disc and i am getting no where lol I do think the drives are fine as they are being seen at post and in OS i have also formatted them. Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: FW Update procedure for 68-Pin ultra320 scsi drives

System recommended content:

1. HP A7173A PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Host Bus Adapter Installation Guide

2. HP A7173A PCI-X Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Host Bus Adapter Support Guide, August 2007

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

spekyteky
Frequent Advisor

Re: Query: FW Update procedure for 68-Pin ultra320 scsi drives

Thanks for the quick reply and will get back to you asap......cheers

spekyteky
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Query: FW Update procedure for 68-Pin ultra320 scsi drives

Hi Folks,

I did manage to get this done succesfully, while i was waiting on the A7173A adapters i tried the SMART ARRAY 641 along with Maintenance disk vers. 7.70 booted the ML370 G5 and succesfully complet in no more than 10 mins phewww.....thanks for any input guys, appreciated!!

Cheers

Brian