1752781 Members
5927 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Nimble Windows Toolkit 7.0.0

mhardi01
HPE Blogger

Nimble Windows Toolkit 7.0.0

In case you missed the news, the new Nimble Windows Toolkit (NWT) 7.0.0 is available on Infosight.  NWT 7.0.0 adds support and enhancements specifically for Microsoft SQL Server 2017.  The release adds several PowerShell cmdlets that expand the tasks you can perform, including:
тАв Application-aware cmdlets that support SQL databases
тАв Cmdlets that allow you to create and remove snapshots from volumes and volume collections 

Release notes are available on the HPE Infosight portal here: https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/pubs_HPE_Nimble_Storage_Windows_Toolkit_Release_Notes.pdf

The toolkit itself can also be downloaded from the InfoSight portal, once you have logged in with credentials associated to your Nimble array.

Info on HPE Microsoft Storage Solutions for Windows, Exchange, SQL Server, Azure Stack HCI and more are online at HPE.com/Storage/Microsoft

Mike Harding | Microsoft Solutions Product Management
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
4 REPLIES 4
Smartin67
Frequent Visitor

I just recently set up a new HF20H array using the NWT 7.0, but had some trouble getting it installed initially. One thing to keep in mind, and this may have been an oversight on my part, but I did my best to research it, is to uncheck all of the install options except for the Nimble Setup Manager software when starting fresh on a Server/Host. Make sure you install the MPIO role, reboot, then install NWT 7.0 with ONLY the NSM box checked, then reboot once more.

I couldn't continue the install of NWT 7.0 with anything else checked, because you need to find the Array using the Network Setup Manager first, and do some initial setup before the rest of the options can be installed. Once you set everything up with the Setup Manager, you can go back through the NWT 7.0 installer, and check the rest of the boxes necessary.

I hope this helps anyone who runs into the same issue as me!

jon farnick
Occasional Advisor

how do you associate our (purchased thru nimble) array now that it is affiliated with HP ?

i log into the infosight portal and our two arrays are not listed, cannot download any SW thru the nimble proper as we have in the past

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Contact Nimble Support with your arrays' serial numbers. They can help you.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Vipin_S
HPE Pro

Device needs to be enrolled to your Infosight account. You may either use the link mentioned in the HPE welcome email or else contact the infosight team InfoSight General Support
Please email infosightsupport@hpe.com

Vipin_S
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo