5659 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

2610 Swithces cant login to web interface

platak
Visitor

2610 Swithces cant login to web interface

Hello to everyone,

I have 10 switches (2610) and today I decide to disable telnet and enable ssh.   I also change all passwords from terminal ("password all"), all good so far.  But now when I try to login to the web interface, nothing happens... The popup windows stays forever like I'm typing the username/password incorrect...

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: 2610 Swithces cant login to web interface

Hi,

According to the he process of clearing the config requires a reboot so if you haven't rebooted, you haven't cleared the config.

Please refer the below manual link:

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Hp-ProCurver-2610-Management-Manual.pdf

Thank You!

I am an HPE Employee

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
platak
Visitor

Akg7 thanks for the answer.,

but I did not try to clear the run or start conf.  I only disable telnet, create a rsa key for the ssh, enable ssh and change from terminal the Manager and Operator passwords (password all command).

After that, I login through ssh as expected, but I cant login anymore on web interface... I rebooting twice but without result......

akg7
HPE Pro

Hi,

What is is the user name you are using in WEB GUI and are you able to login into switch via CLI?

Sometimes you will be prompt twice for a username and password when you are accessing the web interface.

Also Try in GUI
username "leave blank"
password what you set the manager password to.

Thank You!

I am an HPE Employee

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo