4350 Online
108829 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Association Vlan / @Mac without spécify port

JBulot
Occasional Visitor

Association Vlan / @Mac without spécify port

Hello,

I work on actually on HP switch pro Cruve and i'd need Some advices.

My current configuration include 7 vlans who are managed by a router for the inter-VLAN management. (Router who Managed by an another company, I didn't have the access codes)

When i need to configure a vlan on my hardware i set up the VLAN X on the port X, and i sent a ticket to the another company who manages the router and this one unlocked the access for communication with the other vlans.

I would like to know it's how i can manage VLAN with mac address configuration and keep it in memory for use it later.

Let me explain, i actually wonder if it exists an association between network card mac address and spécific vlan without configure vlan on a switch port.
I look for if there exists a protocol or other who could make this association between MAC address / VLAN and Remember that, like this way i could connect PC in any pieces or any part of the company for get automatic recognition on my network hardware who can assign automatically mac address as a respective vlan.
This action give to me more flexibility on my network and that avoid when i moves any pc in the building, to reconfigure the port of the employee for he can access to his vlan.

Sorry for my bad english ! Thank you to advises friends! :)

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to ProCurve / ProVision-Based. - Hp Forum Moderator 

2 REPLIES 2
Thej0sepH

Hello,

There isn't a protocol created specifically for that functionality, however you can use a combination of RADIUS with MAC AUTHENTICATION and automatic vlan assigment.

Check this link:

https://integratingit.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/configuring-dynamic-vlan-assignment-on-procurve-switches/

Hope this helps

Greetings

Luis

Luis
HP ASE - Flexnetwork Architect v2
JBulot
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

This reply help me very much.

However i work with FreeRadius on linux system i will adapt your documentation.

Thanks a lot for your attention ! :)