1755690 Members
3081 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

GVRP

minamaher

GVRP

hi all .

i started working on aruba 3810 switch as a core switch for 12 aruba 2930 edge switches i created 3 vlans on core 3810 1- data vlan (untagged ) 2- vedio (tagged) 3- voice vlan  (tagged ) i want the core to advertise 3 vlans for the edges so i used GVRP but only voice vlan is statically assigned on each switch as its not suppoerted by GVRP now each edge switch contains 2 dynamic vlans and one static voice vlan will that works correctelly ?? knowing that i used ip routing command for routing between vlans but when i connected 2 devices in the same switch both devices aquires ip addresses in same range but they didnt able to ping each others help please ..

1 REPLY 1
Linkk
Frequent Advisor

Re: GVRP

Hi,

I understand that you kept VLAN 1 untagged on all ports that connect the switches, correct? And you manually tagged your voice VLAN on each of the interconnect ports on each switch. 

Then you activated gvrp in the global contex. The switched should learn the "vedio" VLAN dynamically and tag it on the ports. That should be pretty much it.
What is the second VLAN the switches learned?

Please be sure that your native VLANs match, as on this VLANs the BPDUs are sent.

For more information please read the following guide:
https://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5179395&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04943197

Then you connected two PCs in VLAN 1 on the same switch, but they couldn't ping each other? Did you check that the client's firewall is disabled?

P.S. 
Punctuation would not hurt ;-)