3382 Online
108828 Solutions
New Discussion

single port issue/oddity

llsasupport
Occasional Contributor

single port issue/oddity

i have a procurve 5406

its almost fully populated. all with the same config. untagged on one vlan, tagged for another (voip phones).

one port was not passing the tagged phone traffic, but was passing the untagged pc that was tethered to it.

upon further investigation i have found that if i plug a PC directly into the port, it does not provide any connectivity, but if ia put an ip phone in as a bridge, it will funciton.

i have verified everything is set to auto. i then manually tried every combination of full/half duplex and speed along with MDI modes. 

nothing seems to get this port to communicate with whatever device is plugged in directly to it. 

thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

Re: single port issue/oddity

What happens if you change the config of this port and only send one untagged VLAN (nothing tagged)? Can a PC communicate through the port then? Can you show us the config of the port (show run int xx)?

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Re: single port issue/oddity

Is there any port security, dot1X, etc. configured for that port? Look through the whole config for anything related to that port. I would think that if there were a physical problem with the port, then nothing would pass.