3578 Online
109004 Solutions
New Discussion

Strange Web Interface Behavior on 2650 & 2810

Dale Magnant
Occasional Advisor

Strange Web Interface Behavior on 2650 & 2810

Hello,

I've been experiencing identical and unusual web interface behavior on both the Procurve 2650 and 2810 switches using both IE9 and Firefox v15.  There may be other issues, but the most noticeable to me is on the VLAN configuration screen when reassigning ports from one VLAN to another. 

For example, on the main VLAN Configuration screen, if you click Modify on the VLAN to which you want to add one or more ports, you will arrive at the secondary screen where you select a port from a scrollable list and then select tagged, untagged, etc.  Presently, if I pick a port, say port 10,  from the scroll list and then select 'Untagged', the mode desscription for that port will change, as expected, from 'No' to 'Untagged'.  If i then select a different port, say port 12, and select 'Untagged' - nothing happens.  If I then hit Apply, I am returned to the main VLAN configuration screen where I can see that only port 10 was changed.

Where it gets really strange is if I now repeat the above procedure to complete my intended change of port 12 - I go in, select port 12, select 'Untagged', click Apply - once it returns me to the main VLAN configuration screen, nothing has been changed on port 12.  At this point, the only way to make a change to another port is to leave the main VLAN Configuration screen entirely - for example, click on the 'Device View' screen, then come back to the VLAN Configuration screen.  Now, you will be allowed to go back in and change port 12.

As mentioned, the above happens on both some rather old 2650s and new 2810s.  It also happens with both IE9  and Firefox v15. 

One other bit of wierdness I noticed with the 2650 web interface is that when you go to the VLAN configuration modification screen and scroll down through the list of ports, the scroll tool will not go beyond port 47.  There are 50 ports.  I had to use the CLI to change ports beyond 47.

Anyhow - has anyone else run into this and have you found a solution?

Thank You,

2 REPLIES 2
Pete W
Valued Contributor

Re: Strange Web Interface Behavior on 2650 & 2810

What code versions are you running?
Dale Magnant
Occasional Advisor

Re: Strange Web Interface Behavior on 2650 & 2810

Pete,

The code versions for the 2810-4Gs are;

N.11.15, ROM N.10.01  (These are as received from the factory earlier this summer)

The code versions for the 2650s are;

H.07.02, ROM H.07.01

Did a bit of further testing using two different workstations - both Win 7/64 Ent, both with IE9 and Firefox 15.1, and both with Java 7.05.  On one workstation the port list box scroll issue mentioned above does not occur - all 50 ports show - using both browsers.  On the other workstation, the ports scroll only to port 47 - using both browsers.  Odd.

It appears that the port tagging issue described above still exists with both systems. 

At this point I'm somewhat suspicious of a Java version issue.  I've seen some very dated HP info on supported browsers and Java versions for the 2650.  I'd be curious to see something more current for the 2650 aand the 2810-48G.

Thank You,