1755224 Members
4684 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

VLAN DHCP Relay not working.

Darkendxelo
Occasional Visitor

VLAN DHCP Relay not working.

I have a very odd case going on with my HPE JG963A (1950-48port ,+*2SFP, +2XGT+)

I have exsisting vlans set up one for main infrastructure and one for a phones system both are using the DHCP relays (which i set up 3 years ago) on their set addresses both using a DHCP server on the VLAN1 Network.

VLAN-1  192.168.20.*/22 - Relay server Adress 192.168.21.107

VLAN-10 192.168.19.*/24 - Relay server Adress 192.168.21.107

This all works and VLAN 10 has custom scope options for the phone system ect all being deployed 100%  fuctional.

Now I have created another VLAN-666 on scope of 192.168.14.* /24 The DHCP Server has the scope ready set
and the VLAN seems to be functonal in terms of if i set a 192.168.14.*** address on a device staticly i can talk to the 14 range address switches and hardware fine.

However the DHCP function is non exsistant. Ive Even gone as far as Untagged Access port For VLAN 666 and still the relay does not work.

Im pulling my hair out on this one as the other relays on the same switch to the same server are working fine.
Any ideas>?

3 REPLIES 3
akg7
HPE Pro

Re: VLAN DHCP Relay not working.

Hello @Darkendxelo ,

Can you share the screen shots for DHCP setup for VLAN666?

Please refer below link for user guide and check pg. 115 and see DHCP configuration example:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04657809

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
Darkendxelo
Occasional Visitor

So I have fixed the DHCP setup now but now im experiencing other routing issues.

My problem was not the vlan DHCP relays or the VLAN itself as I previously stated, but when I checked the DHCP server I found that I could ping my Phone VLAN 10 Ip address on the switch but not the VLAN 666 Ip address on the switch.

this jogged my memory that I had set up a static route entry on the DHCP server to find its way back to the vlan as it sits on VLAN 1. Sure enough I made a static route to the address range of 192.168.14.0/24 on DHCP server and dhcp started working.

However now Im having trouble routing my gateway traffic as the VLAN 666 is using a different gateway currently their is a static route on my switch that is set for 0.0.0.0/0 and next hop is VLAN1 my first gateway/firewall this is for corporate network.

so what is happening on the switch is 0.0.0.0/0 traffic is then trying to get to the wrong gateway appliance as its bing routed to VLAN 1

I think i need to read into ALC and PBR but unsure if this is the right route i need to take to resolve this.

akg7
HPE Pro

Hello @Darkendxelo ,

If VLAN 666 is using different gateway then oyu can define default or static route using that gateway.

Can oyu please share network diagrm and exact requirements?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo