108836 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Performance tuning lh3 server with exchange server 5.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
umesh tripathi

Performance tuning lh3 server with exchange server 5.5

Hello,

We have installed lh3 server with windows nt 4.0 service pack 6a and also exchange server 5.5 running in the same server,

We have configured raid 5

Now the performance of the exchange server is very poor... clients keep on complaning of slower response,
The maximum time of cpu is taken by store.exe..

Can any body help me..,. in detail on how to go about this problem and if any performance tunnig is required and how/what to do,

Thanks

Umesh.
problem with exchange server 5.5
3 REPLIES 3
Dries Bertier
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Performance tuning lh3 server with exchange server 5.5

Hi,

Have you tried the latest servicepack for exchange already (3)? You can also use the exchange optimizer to test your exchange configuration. If you like the painfull way: try to reduce the mailboxes, store.exe will automatically use less cpu.

Good luck and let me know,

Dries
<< please try >>
Kurt Matthies
Valued Contributor

It could be that your database (private store) is fragmented or damaged. You might use the ESEUTIL.exe program provided to check the integrety of the db.

It is good to run the logging and database files on different spindles. The Optimizer software does this somewhat automatically.
If if ain't broke, don't fix it.
umesh tripathi

Hi,

Have you tried the latest servicepack for exchange already (3)? You can also use the exchange optimizer to test your exchange configuration. If you like the painfull way: try to reduce the mailboxes, store.exe will automatically use less cpu.

Good luck and let me know,
Hi, Dries,
Thanks for your reply,
We have already applied service pack 3 for exchange and boss we ahve also reduced the mail box size,
But still the performance is an issues,
When we see in task manager it is always at around 85%+ still store .ece using maximum cpu.

Can you please advice me further,

Thanks

Umesh.

problem with exchange server 5.5