BladeSystem - General
1755209 Members
5793 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Checkpoint Pending or not valid" message on VC-Enet 1/10GB

nookie

I have 2 enclosures displaying the same message. Both have HP 1/10Gb-F VC_Enet modules in bays 1 and 2. The OA FW version is 2.31 The VCM firmware version is 2.00. I have found an article on fw ver 1.30 but it appears that this version (2.00) should not have this issue. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01525516&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3201263&prodTy peId=329290 The VC module in bay 2 is the active VCM and Bay 1 is the Standby VCM. Can anyone explain why I am getting the message "Checkpoint Pending or not Valid"? Also which VCM should be the active and which should be the standby? Thanks Nick
2 REPLIES 2
vcblades
Frequent Advisor

FYI - Can't explain Why but can help with this info.. The following issues have been resolved in Virtual Connect v2.10: Resolved a potential VC GUI hang if Internet browser is being used, and an uplink port cable is pulled from a VC Ethernet module. Resolved a few unexpected pop-up error messages which might appear on VC GUI when the VC GUI browser was open on the Profile page and a server was powered on. Resolved an issue that caused servers using FC to lose SAN connectivity when the primary Onboard Administrator (OA) module is reset. Resolved a memory leak in VC Manager daemon that was triggered when both Onboard Administrator (OA) modules were absent. Resolved issue that caused CLI to terminate the ssh sessions and logout the user when CTRL-C was entered in the middle of CLI command execution.
vcblades
Frequent Advisor

OK Checkpoint Pending is triggered when the VC is updating the information when you perform some changes or when the changes are taking place continously in the configuration - Please double check your configuration so that everything is steady