1753519 Members
4892 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Backing up Virtual Connect Configuration - Failures

Chas Martin
Occasional Contributor

Backing up Virtual Connect Configuration - Failures

We currently backup up our VC configuration using the VC connect support utility and have been for some time. I am now getting failures on a couple of them for some reason they return an error message which looks like this.

004076 (105) vcdownload.c[1049] Error: (null)

Has anyone seen this. Both of these are 1/10 GB VC Enet Modules.
4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Haven't see this myself, however VCSU is notoriously sensitive to firewalls etc.

I backup my VC configuration using the GUI interface. This works fine, however (and I dont know why (probably certificates or something)), the backup gui forces me to log in "fresh".

To use it, select "Backup/Restore", click on "Backup Configuration".

If it doesn't return a "save file" window, then watch the popup bar. If the bar activates, select "download file".

This is normally where you get kicked out and have to log in again. So login, and repeat the process. On the second attempt it always offers the "save file" window.

Dave.
Chas Martin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. We also found out we can't connect to the Virtual Connect Module from the GUI either. So it appears that the VC module is sort of hung for some reason. Were not running the most current firmware, so I'm not sure if others have experienced this. We are probably going to have to reset the VC module.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

had this happen to me couple of years ago.

If you have a c7000, with redundent VC modules, and teaming set up correctly, then you should not have any issues failing over the VC modules.

The important phrase is "teaming set up correctly...". If it is, network connectivity will fail over virtually immediately.

If it is not, network connectivity will probably be down for 25-30 seconds while the modules failover. Most cluster systems are unable to survive that length of outage. (Some can, i.e. OpenVMS).

In either case, you will probably schedule a maintenance window, or at least choose a time when activity is very low.

Good Luck.

Dave.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

You could also try if VC is still reachable by SSH, and then issue a
reset vcm
to force a restart of the the Virtual Connect Manager. This *should* not have any impact on Enet connectivity.