1751859 Members
5683 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Bl460c G6, conrep, linux - can't disable hyperthreading

Heiner Billich

Bl460c G6, conrep, linux - can't disable hyperthreading

Hello,
I try to disable hyperthreading with conrep on a Bl460cG6 with Bios I24 07/25/2009. I use conrep version 2.20c on RHEL5. This does not work, albeit conrep seems to change the setting it's not active after the next reboot. Changes work for other settings like ASR timeout. I noticed that rbsu> does a "power cycle" when I change hyperthreading settings, do I need to do something special to make the changes permanent beside a simple reboot ?
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Have you tried to change the setting with CONREP and then do a manual power cycle to see if CONREP can do that? If that works you could also force a power cycle through the iLO or OA scripting interfaces (sorry, don't know if one can do that from the OS).
Heiner Billich

thanks !

I tried with linux
# reboot
and
# shutdown -h -y now
and even
ilo> power off
ilo> power on

I did not try to pull and reinsert the blade.
Johan Huysmans
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. When enabling or disabling the config the change appears whenever I do a conrep -s.

But when performing a reboot or poweroff/poweron it doesn't change the amount of cpu's
rigsc
Occasional Visitor

I noticed the same issue.  Run conrep, reboot, HT is still enabled (I've actually had it enable itself on systems where it previously disabled), reboot again and then it's disabled.  I haven't tried a third reboot to see if it comes back.