4349 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Link Fail over setup

Funtoosh
Occasional Advisor

Blade Link Fail over setup

Please check attachment for details

On Bay 2 I see link light but on Bay1 I don├в t see anything. When I look at my Nexus it also shows as down.
I then tried to do fail over by pulling cable from Bay2 but Bay 1 did not take over. I then configured ├в Connection Mode ├в shown above as ├в Fail Over ├в and tried to pull 1 cable out of 2 pair from Bay2 still it did not worked.
Also I noticed when I select mode as ├в Fail Over├в I loose all the connectivity over ESX host. Can someone suggest how I can configure fail over using one enclosure. I know I can do it using 2 chassis but would like to know with 1 enclosure I can achieve fail over capabilities irrespective of switch .
3 REPLIES 3
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Link is down on those Bay 1 ports and should not be. Check the physical connections and ensure the ports on the Nexus switch are enabled.

Once you have link on the bay 1 ports, to acheive redundancy, you need to add Bay 1 port X1 and X2 to your ESX_link network.

Then, for the ESX_link network you will have 2 ports Link/Active and 2 ports Link/Standby. If you pull uplinks or lose a VC module you will have redundancy if your server profile and ESX vswitch is set up to support it.
Funtoosh
Occasional Advisor

Excellent repose. I swapped cable and I had link light on both Nexus.
Thanks a ton
Funtoosh
Occasional Advisor

Swapped the cable