New Discussion юеВ

C-7000 ilo3 login problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: C-7000 ilo3 login problem

Still not sure about the situation.

Do you get the OA logon screen and are you able to logon?

It looks like this:

maxresdefault

You will find the OA IP address at the information screen on the front panel.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eor
Advisor

I have yet to see the onboard administrator. The screen I get with the regular display/suv cable working says "HP Proliant" while checking a bunch of stuff before letting you choose between F9=Setup, and F11=Boot Menu. (POST/BIOS screens?) Ive turrned the OA on both with the button on rear of container, and the menu option on the little screen on the front of it, but there was never any visible effect.

I've downloaded Smart Start, and Smart Array? and will try to. mount the disc images on my laptop, and install them through Ilo 3. I still havent logged in to the blade using ilo and got anything to show up beyond the c7000 DNS name on the top ribbon of the ilo app. Window. The container, with the ipv4 address I think you're talking about, comes back from every login attempt with error:(404 ...not found)

It does. manage to recognize the external Disk Drive, and attempt to start installing linux RHE, but then freezes with "POSIX comp. testing by Unifix"

Still wondering what maintenance switch 3 is. The manual calls it "reserved".
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

I'm still not really sure what you are doing.

First you should get the enclosure's onboard administrator IP address from the front panel in Enclosure Settings screen:

Then you should locate the active Onboard Administrator module at the backside (blue "active" LED) and check if the LAN is connected.

Try to connect to http or https of the OA.

Does this work? Can you logon?

WHat do you mean by "container"?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Eor
Advisor

Right right right!
Front screen just as you show
There were options: ipv4/ipv6, static/dynamic I wound up static/ipv4 because I have no internet service. Laptop with ilo console goes wifi to router, then ethernet cable to OA module in back of C-7000 (the "container" by which I really mean enclosure...sorry)

The ipv4 address for the container is: 192.168.1.105
This never comes back other.than "error 404....not found" or similar.

Further down front screen is "BLADE INFORMATION" or similar, which gives little, but includes the ipv4 address of the Proliant BL680c mounted in the container: 192.168.1.100.
This is the only address I can login to with Ilo remote, but it doesnt do much. It will let you mount disc images, which is what Im about to do with an array configuration util. to look for whats jamming up the OS install (RHE 6.1)

I still dont know why maint. switch 3 and nothing else allows the blade to power on and get as far as the bios/post screens

I still have never seen this OA GUI that you inserted in your email