1748228 Members
4473 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C Class shared storage configuration

Nookie_1
Occasional Contributor

C Class shared storage configuration

According to HP you can load up a C7000 enclosure with up to 15 SB40c storage blades and share that storage out using iSCSI.
I am having trouble finding any information about how you do this (whitepapers etc) and what software (if any) is required to do this?
how do you carve up disk etc?
I understand and use the DAS method but would like more definitive info (and how to configure) on shared storage on a C class enclosure. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

You cant do this yet. But parts to do this I think are being launched next week.

It looks like you will need p700m mezzanine cards in the SB40c's and new SAS storage interconnects in slots 3,4 or 5,6

Nookie_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that Adrian.
Would you be able to forward to me some links about this now or once it is released?

Cheers

Nick
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

What is being released is released on the 17th. I found this....

http://hpbroadband.com/(S(5cgoshy5nespw4553moj3q45))/program.aspx?key=95QCIWUFR7

It does not look like this release is lots of SB40c but what it is is a way to use MSA storage shelves to present storage to blades not using a SAN.

Imagine moving an MSA1500 controller function into blade interconnects.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

C-Class shared internal storage is not comming soon - and it will not use the SB40c.

But what was released was shared external storage not using a SAN. Kind of like MSA controller interconnects.