BladeSystem - General
1754366 Members
4765 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

c7000/virtual connect Net. connect issue - only getting ip to one server in my bladecenter

evosmash
Occasional Contributor

c7000/virtual connect Net. connect issue - only getting ip to one server in my bladecenter

Setup:

1 - HP Bladecenter C7000

9 - bl465 g7 and bl685 g7 blades w/ standard dual emulex 10gb flexnics

1 - HP  1/10gb VC-Enet Module

I am running this enclosure from my home.  So I am using a cablemodem/router from my cable company with a small netgear gigbit unmanaged switch in between.  I have network cables plugged into the first 2 ports on the Interconnect card.

ive set up virtual connect manager to the best of my knowledge.  I am able to get an ip just fine on my first blade that is running windows server 2016.  My second blade running a linux live cd w/ correct nic drivers installed just wont pull an IPv4 address.  I just show 100% dropped Rx packets uder ifconfig.

Ultimately What I am wanting set up is a fully populated blade center. The first server will house a hard drive and a pxe server and I want to network boot a live cd to ram (diskless) for the other 15 servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been fighting with this for several days and I need to get this setup.  I am not sure if maybe I need a better switch or router?

Thanks in advance