1748217 Members
4255 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Duplicate Management Processor IP Address detected

Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

Duplicate Management Processor IP Address detected

This is very similar to the thread using EBIPA addressing except I am using DHCP exclusively. I am constantly receiving these messages and would like to resolve the issue causing it. Since I am using DHCP exclusively for everything in the enclosures I shouldn't have any conflicts. My conclusion is there is something in the firmware that is reporting erroneously. The information comes and goes on different blades. I try pinging the address in question and all responds correctly. I never connect to an incorrect address and nothing else reports duplicate addresses out there. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you, Cal
6 REPLIES 6
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: Duplicate Management Processor IP Address detected

Calvin,

Check that you dont have any blade iLOs set to static with the same IP that you are trying to give them via EBIPA.
Or that you dont have the Cisco FA0 and VLAN1 management IP addresses set to the same.
Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

As stated in my post - I am only using DHCP. Nothing is set to static.

The management network is on a different switch and the VLANs assigned to the switch only reside on that switch in the data center.

Right now I have two blades indicating a duplicate IP address. The other ten or so that occurred over the weekend have cleared up. This is not unusual. They come and go randomly.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

assign static ips what happens now..
rebot the oa then
revert back to dynamic..
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi Calvin,

i am not familiar with the other thread you refer to and don't know what AO f/w rev. you are on but have you seen this in the list of fixes in the OA firmware, maybe it applies to your issue ?

Version 2.51 fixes:
--------------------

Fixed an issue where the Onboard Administrator would erroneously flag some devices with a duplicate IP address message. Please see customer advisory c01701052 for additional information, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01701052.

HTH

Kris
Calvin Staples
Frequent Advisor

Thank you all for your inputs. The article was not found via the link but I did find it by searching (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01701052&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN) and does reflect my issue. The problem is that the issue is also occurring on a system with OA 2.51. I have some upgraded to OA 2.60 so will be interesting to see if it happens on these too.
oschaale_1

Hello all,
I have upgrade to OA 2.60 last december and have the same problem as before.
I have static IP Adresse since we use blades.
Its a special Area of IPs - an i have never changed it since install of the Blades.

In this moment i get only the error message, but if i look later in the Onboard administrator - all is ok. Also a connection to this ILO Board is then ok.
As i get the Errormessage the first times, i switch the IP to another static IP and back to the firts IP - this works also.

know anyone a solution?
regards Olaf