1747993 Members
5078 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error 00000008 from try to create hmenubitmap

SERGIO SOSA
Occasional Contributor

Error 00000008 from try to create hmenubitmap

I've been trying to access a blade via iLO, Integrated Remote Console and am getting this error message.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

What is the OA and iLO version you are using?
you mean you are Logging into iLO and trying to access the IRC or you are trying it through OA?
SERGIO SOSA
Occasional Contributor

OA is 2.20 iLO is 1.60.

I'm trying to access the IRC via the OA when I get this error message.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Please try updating the OA to Latest version.

Below is the Link to 2.25 OA:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3188465&prodNameId=3188475&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-b75c040de0a842dcae2c96efb5

Make sure you clear your Browser cache after the Firmware update. It should work fine.

SERGIO SOSA
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I'll try that.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

More info Integrated Remote Console:
You may want to check these ...

Integrated Remote Console offers the highest-performance remote console interface for Windows clients, combining KVM, Virtual Power, and Media functionality. The Integrated Remote Console is an ActiveX control that runs from Microsoft Internet Explorer. For other client browsers, the Java applet-based Remote Console is offered.

Full Screen IRC causes your client to resize to the same resolution as the remote server. IRC attempts to pick the best client display settings for that resolution, however some monitors may have trouble with the highest screen refresh rates supported by the video adapter. If this is the case, visit your desktop properties/settings/advanced/monitor and select a lower screen refresh rate.

SERGIO SOSA
Occasional Contributor

Here's what I've done to help fix the error:

First logged into OA.

Then logged into one of our blade servers Web Administration.

Launched Remote Console.

Changed the resolution on the blade OS to 800 * 600.

Closed Remote Console. And launched IRC. Problem fixed.
mdinaz
Occasional Contributor

This happened to me today. I've been logging in for months without a problem, including this morning. Now I get this error when launching IRC when just a couple hours ago it was fine, and I had not changed any video settings on anything. Why would this suddenly pop up without reason?