1752589 Members
3828 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

FC Boot Parameters for VC

Tom S. Michalek
Occasional Contributor

FC Boot Parameters for VC

Trying to configure some of my server profiles in the VC domain to boot from the SAN. Not exactly clear what HP is asking for in the "Target Port Name" and "LUN".

1) Is the Target Port Name they are asking for the CISCO port WWN that the HP HBA logged into?

2) My boot disk is disk11166 but the LUN box is looking for an integer from 0-255. Is this indicating that the boot disk needs to have an instance number from 0-255 or what form of LUN id descriptor is this looking for?

Running VC 3.15 and HP-UX 11.31 on BL-890.
4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: FC Boot Parameters for VC

Hi Tom.

I am using OpenVMS to connect to EVA SAN storage. I put the WWID of the storage controllers in that box. (I dont think the LUN number matters.)

I cant remember if you need to enter the Port Name of the Node Name.

Dave.
Tom S. Michalek
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I went ahead and opened a ticket with HP as neither the storage guy or myself are quite sure what VC mgr is looking for.
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Typically...

The Target Port Name would be the WWPN of the Storage Array.

The LUN would be the LUN id assigned my the Storage Array.

What storage array do you have?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Tom S. Michalek
Occasional Contributor

Its an EMC VMAX...The sym volume to be used as boot device is 12CB. Its primary FA port is 3F and its secondary FA port is 14F. So I can get the WWN's of those FA ports if that is what the VC mgr needs...but I am not sure what LUN info VC mgr is looking for as with EMC the vbus,target and lun are used together to create unique paths under the FA.