108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Flex-10 10Gb Module - Accessing in OA

SOLVED
Go to solution
crucialx
Advisor

HP Flex-10 10Gb Module - Accessing in OA

We've recently setup an HP c7000 with the HP Flex10 10Gb module. According to the installation documentation I should have a "Virtual Connect Manager" link in the OA, however that link is not visible in our OA so I'm not sure how to configure the Flex10 switches!

Installation Guide: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01732252/c01732252.pdf (pg 73-74).

I can see the modules in the interconnect section, however I cannot see anyway to configure them.

We are using all static IPs in our setup, or iLO on the blades, and for the redundant OAs.

Does anyone know how I can access the Virtual Connect Manager so I can configure these switches?
6 REPLIES 6
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Flex-10 10Gb Module - Accessing in OA

Have you given the vc modules an IP address? That would be the first step. You can do this in the EBIPA tab of the OA enclosure settings.

Then you should get access to the management console (from OA) - Default user is Administrator, password on module.

Then run the VC wizard, the first part of this imports the enclosure. The vcm link will then appear on OA.
crucialx
Advisor

cjb, thanks for the quick reply. I've got static IPs assigned to both the Active and Standby OAs and have access to them. I can see all the blades, and the interconnects.

Is the VC wizard in the OA? I can't seem to find it anywhere in there - I've searched everywhere for it but can't find it! Where can I access the VC wizard?
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor

no, you get to the vc wizard through the vc module (in bay 1 for example).

you need to give the modules an ip address and log on with the default credentials, password is on a tag (or if it's missing, eject the module as it's also on the sleeve of the module)
cjb_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

and if you are using static ip's you need to do this by:

enclosure settings > ebipa

add addresses, masks, gateways to all vc modules in the enclosure
crucialx
Advisor

> enclosure settings > ebipa

I missed this part initially, this has saved me a ton of time - thanks!
crucialx
Advisor

Solution provided by cjb.