1748248 Members
3765 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IE8 and Virtual connect 2.30

Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

IE8 and Virtual connect 2.30

Anybody know when IE8 will be supported for Virtual connect ?

In VC 2.30 we at least have message "This is an unsupported browser" and it is big step forward :-)
IE8 relased a long time ago and we upgraded to IE8 on all our system group computers.
We use Firefox for VC, but I like "search" option in IE and we want to use IE with VC as well.
5 REPLIES 5
Mauro Santos

Re: IE8 and Virtual connect 2.30

Hi Igor,

VC 3.00 will support IE8 (at least in compatibility mode).

Have you tried IE8 compatibility mode with 2.30?
I don't know if it works, just guessing.
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

>>Have you tried IE8 compatibility mode with 2.30?

It's doesn't work in compatibility mode too
Poul

Hi Igor, I have read some of your text from a few years ago. You wrote, that you have the SmartStart 4.9. I would be very happy to get a copy of it. I got a 10years old server, that seems to be running still, but needs the smartstart 4.9 cd. There's gone some sport into, making this server running again and I hope very much, that it will. I already changed the CD-ROM drives, that where broken, some RAM-modules also changed. Kind regards Poul.
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Poul,
I don't have SmartStart 4.90,
But you can download SmartStart 5.50 from HP site - SS 5.50 works for all old servers
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/supportsoftware/ZIP/smartstart-5.50-0.zip
Poul

That's the point. I tried to run the 5.5, but the server wrote: wrong disk, replace. I have been throug a lot of forums and there was some chatting about, some old servers from Compaq, that could not run with 5.5. I tried to run some 7.? and the server wrote: smartstart is not supported on this machine or something like that. So I would very much try the 4.9, as HP suggested, for some customer. I cannot find it anywhere for download. It's very irritating that Compaq/HP has closed the support/download for the old servers, cause they still run.