2414 Online
109005 Solutions
New Discussion

Maping FC ports for C7000

Kenvil-LHT
Occasional Contributor

Maping FC ports for C7000

Hi all,

We have a system with 1 HPE C7000 Server (2 interconnects, 2 FC ports/ 1 interconnect), 2 SAN Switch and 1 Storage.  When I received the system from the predecessor it was being mapped as shown. The system is not HA so I want to reconfigure it without downtime. Please help me and give me some document guide.

P/s: Port X1 on Interconnect 02 has been connected to another SAN switch and mapped to another storage. I can configure it on SAN switch and Storage. I need to help configuration guide on C7000.

HPE C7000 Maping.png

Regards/

Tunglh

4 REPLIES 4
msobers22
Trusted Contributor

Re: Maping FC ports for C7000

Hello,

The FC Cookbook for Virtual Connect outlines the different configuration scenarios. 

Here is the link for the white paper. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c01702940 

I hope this helps

Kenvil-LHT
Occasional Contributor

Hi msobers22,

Thanks for your response! I have a reconfig plan (no downtime, no effect on services):

1. I will be mapping all hosts to the Interconnect02 -X2 --> Connect terconnect02 -X2 to SAN switch 2 --> mapping to the Storage --> Config multipath.

2. Move all paths from Interconnect01 -X1 --> Interconnect01 -X2.

Is this OK?

msobers22
Trusted Contributor

Yes, its looks like you have all the steps covered. I would still schedule a maintenance window for the change just to be safe.

Regards,

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Kenvil-LHT,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo