1752564 Members
4488 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NC326m Issue

knudt

NC326m Issue

We've recently seen an issue with a couple of our NC326m NICs, and wondered if anyone else has seen a similar issue.

In our environment we have all our backup traffic isolated to a dedicated, non-routed network segment. Normally, a 16GB System drive takes about 11 minutes to backup. A couple of our new blades that have the backup network connection on the NC326m NIC have taken over 6 hours to backup.

We have other blades in the same enclosure that have the backup network on the built-in NIC run without an issue, so it seems to be isolated to the NC326m mezzanine cards. We are using VirtualConnect, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. All connections are 1GB/Full.

Has anyone else seen this issue or any other weird issues regarding this NIC?
4 REPLIES 4
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Yup ! You will find many similar issues here;

Are these NICs Teamed ? Firmware, NIC drivers , NIC Configuration Utility .... are all these latest ?

James.
knudt

All versions have been checked and validated to be up-to-date.

Are there other forum posts or sites that address this type of issue? If so, could you post them? I couldn't find anything on my own.

Thanks!
knudt

No teaming being used on these particular servers. We will be using teaming on other servers, so I'd like to know any issues with that if any are known.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Whenever I encounter a situation where things are running much slower than expected, I start looking for lost packets and retransmissions. So, I'd be looking at the TCP stats on sender and receiver, and then work my way down the stack and across the switches. How one does that of course varies with the OS and/or switch.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows