BladeSystem - General
1755145 Members
5218 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Relocating a manage BL460c Gen9 blade from one enclosure to another.

SOLVED
Go to solution
KDT1
Occasional Contributor

Relocating a manage BL460c Gen9 blade from one enclosure to another.

Hello,

Running OneView version 6.60.05, what is the best practice to move or relocate one or several managed (Profile applied) blades to another enclosure?

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to section "Migrate an existing server profile" of the HPE OneView 6.6 User Guide for VMs and see if it helps.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

MV3
HPE Pro

Hello

In the event of relocating a single server, we recommend setting up a new profile on the alternate enclosure.

For multiple server relocations, please consult the provided link for more information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sd00001276en_us&page=s_server-profiles-migrate.html

Cheers....

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
KDT1
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Thanks for the response but I was able to unassign the server hardware first, moved the blade, reassigned server hardware & re-created profile. 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @KDT1,

That's great! 

We are glad to know the issue has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo