1753702 Members
4836 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SmartStart ACU on BL25p problems

Mike_544

SmartStart ACU on BL25p problems

Hallo,

We are trying to use the ACU offline. Booting the bl25p using smartstart cd's 7.3 up to 7.7 works just fine. When fully booted there is an option to start the ACU (we need to start the acu in this offline fashion because we want to mirror an existing raid 0 configuration which is possible using the acu in offline modus).

When you click the button to start the ACU smartstart 7.3 en 7.4 both comeup only with a blank screen. 7.6 AND 7.7 result in some forbidden message.

We tried booting though ILO, and from the machine console. We downloaded new smartstart iso files, nothing works.

Does anybody have any suggestions.

Thanx

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: SmartStart ACU on BL25p problems

If you are starting ACU through Web-based Management Device Homepage, you need to enable Anonymous Access.

Refer the details at
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26009.html
Mike_544

Sameer,

Thanx for replying. I tried your suggestion, but it does not seem to work. I changed the option for anonymous acces, but I think this option only applies when you are starting the acu from a running windows or linix (esx) server. Not when accessing the ACU through smartstart.

When using smartstart 7.7. several buttons on the interface are missing perhaps this is a clue.

Greetings.

mike
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

What is the forbidden message?
Mike_544

The forbidden messages is posted as an attachement in my first message. It is shown as soon as you click the acu button of smartstart.
Laurell L. tyler

Interesting - I am getting the same thing (I think I am anyway) using Smart Start 7.6 and 7.9

Specific error message says:
BIG GIANT BOLD LETTERS: FORBIDDEN

Then:
You don't have permission to access /ACU-Xe/ACU-XE0ffline.htm on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm trying to reconfigure the Array and load new OS on a BL25p via ILO connection.