108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Updating C7000 OA Firmware from cli and mounted custom SPP

SOLVED
Go to solution
sdrake48
Regular Advisor

Updating C7000 OA Firmware from cli and mounted custom SPP

Trying to update the OA firmware from a script that logs into OA, mounts SPP Custom ISO from a web server, then performs firmware update of all blades, servers, the OA, and the C7000 Interconnects (gigabit and IB switch). When issuing 'update firmware server all' the blades are booted from the mounted ISO and perform automatic offline firmware update (as I want) but nothing is updated on the bladesystem - not the OA, not the Interconnects. Current OA fw version is 4.80. Custom 2019.03.1 ISO contains OA fw version 4.90 rpm. I know I can update the fw from the OA browser interface, but I'm looking to create a script to perform offline update on C7000, BL460c g10 blades, DL360 g10 and DL380 g10 servers all at once. I already have an online solution using 'smartupdate', now need an offline solution (boot from SPP ISO and perform automatic fw update, reboot). Anybody have any success updating C7000 OA Firware using the command line interface?
2 REPLIES 2
sdrake48
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: Updating C7000 OA Firmware from cli and mounted custom SPP

It seems the OA firmware update function is not in the Enclosure Firmware Management Commands section of the OA CLI Guide. It's in the previous section titled Enclosure Management Commands. Specifically, the cmd is UPDATE IMAGE FW_ISO that the manual shows usage as: UPDATE IMAGE {[FORCE} FW_ISO url | SYNC} But specifying a url doesn't work - invalid cmd. Seems to use the url specified with the SET FIRMWARE MANAGEMENT URL cmd in the next section of the manual. UPDATE IMAGE FW_ISO causes the OA FW to be updated and the OA to reboot. It didn't do the Interconnects (6125g switch or IB FDR 4x switch) firmware, but there are no fw updates for these components in my Custom SPP. Don't know if it would have updated them if updates were present.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Updating C7000 OA Firmware from cli and mounted custom SPP

There is no interconnect firmware in SPP except virtual connect.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!