1754320 Members
2748 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC FlexFabric Virtual WWNs?

hairyfish
Occasional Advisor

VC FlexFabric Virtual WWNs?

I have 2 c7000 chassis, one with a pair of FlexFabric, one without (other has Flex10 and Brocade). In the FlexFabric I've used VC assigned WWNs and it works fine, the weird part is that in the Brocade in the other Chassis is reporting the same WWNs for one of the HBAs (only one all others are normal).

ie VC assigned WWNs from 50:06:0b:00:00:c2:62:00 to :c2:62:ff.

And one of these Flex adapters is quite rightly c2:62:0a and 0b, but somehow one HBA in the other chassis has also been assigned the same WWN c2:62:0b (even though it's real WWN is 6b:06:1c and 1e) -see attached

How does that happen, and how can I stop it from happening?

3 REPLIES 3
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Re: VC FlexFabric Virtual WWNs?

hairyfish,

was the blade in the other chassis, (the one with the VC Virtual WWN) in the VC domain at one point in time?

What model of HBA, QLogic?  You might need to call HP to get the adapter replaced.

hairyfish
Occasional Advisor

No the second chassis is new so hasn't had anything in it until now. The 'rogue' HBA is a Qlogic QMH2462. Each Chassis has different VC domains, as Chassis 1 is only Flex10, whereas Chassis 2 is FlexFabric.

I've just double checked a few things and the offending server is the only server not configured for VC in chassis1 so maybe that is related?

I've only recently taken over this environment so not sure of the full history. 

hairyfish
Occasional Advisor

Also, it looks like the WWPN is unique, only the WWNN is duplicated. From what I can tell this is assigned from the fabric rather than the HBA, so it most likely switch related? I'm grasping at straws here as SANs are all quite new to me.