2479 Online
108848 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Virtual Connect Domain Configuration Restore

JasonFong
Occasional Visitor

Virtual Connect Domain Configuration Restore

Hi Experts ..

I am having a HP Blade C7000 Enclosure with virtual connect version 3.18. I would like to know whether is it possible to perform VC domain configuration restore (backup from VC version 2.x ) and restore to the same model of VC but version 3.1x ? 

As i aware from the previous version : 

"Virtual Connect Manager cannot use backup configurations created with previous versions of Virtual Connect Manager. For example, if you are currently using v2.00, you cannot use a backup configuration that was created using v1.20. "

What about version 3.x and above ? Does version 3.x and above also having this "limitation" ? If so, is there any alternative way other than reconfigure the whole configuration if we perform an virtual connect firmware upgrade from version 2.x to 3.x (virtual connect configuration backup during version 2.x) ? 

Please advise

2 REPLIES 2
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

VC FW 3.1x has an option during configuration restore to "ignore firmware version in restored configuration file"

A restore is intended to only restore a configuration from an existing VC Domain back to that domain or for some type of disaster recovery scenario where the previous domain was destroyed.  It is not intended to propagate VC Domain configs.

JasonFong
Occasional Visitor

Hi Hem_2

Thanks for your prompt replied. However, i am still having some doubts here. As per your replied mentioned, VC FW 3.1x have the option to ignore firmware version in restored configuration file. So my question is, if we indeed proceed as per mentioned way to ignore the firmware version and restore the backup configuration file from previous 2.1x to the same enclosure and VC modules that has been upgraded version 3.1x. Will the previous configuration from version 2.1x works on the latest version 3.1x ?

The reason is we are planning to upgrade an enclosure from version 2.1x to 3.1x and our concern is that whether the backup configuration backuped during version 2.1x is applicable to the same enclosure that has been updated to version 3.1x later but having configuration issues after upgrade.

Please advise