BladeSystem - General
1754105 Members
3392 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

How to adress more than 32 server connections Virtual Connect with Flex-10 in a server profile

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How to adress more than 32 server connections Virtual Connect with Flex-10 in a server profile

Dirk had an Integrity blade and Virtual Connect question:

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to configure more than 32 server connection in a VC Server profile, e.g. when you configure all your flex nics in a BL890c-i2  with 16 LOMs (64 Flex Nics) or a BL685c G6 with 4 LOMS, 3 x Flex-10 Mezzanine Cards (40 Flex-10 NICs)

e.g. VCM with 2.33 Firmware (with BL685 G6)  still says: Not more than 32 Ethernet connection is allowed per server.

Did this change with VC 3.0x? I had no chance to test it so far, but did not see any changes in the release notes of the firmware.

There are some BCS marketing slides going around which states that BL870 can handle up to 64 Flex NICs and BL890 128 Flex Nics – but I can handle only 32 connections per server profile.

39iA9E8344B4A6DBD7D

Lee had some actual experience doing this:

I did a work show with a customer recently who purchased the BL890 i2 blades and wanted to understand Virtual Connect. I can confirm you can fully provision all the onboard nics with the 3.0 firmware.

So, rest assured that you can provision all possible NICs for the Integrity blades. Are you doing this? Does it work well? Let us know.