1755395 Members
3003 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Evo N1020v Belkin 802.11g PCMCIA problem

Trevor  Phillips
Advisor

Re: Evo N1020v Belkin 802.11g PCMCIA problem

Have been struggling with a Presario 1525EA laptop with same problems for last couple of days, kept freezing as soon as Belkin wireless card installed.

Updated firmware, and made suggested changes to BIOS settings. Applied software patches and I can now successfully use the Belkin wireless card.

Thanks to all the tips/advice in this message.

T.
Stuart Luscombe

EVO N200 Win2wk pro SP4
Belkin FSC8010-Reported problen
"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)" appears every time I plug a PCMCIA card in.
Have diabled all resources than can be. Have run PCISCope with belkin NW card inserted, Results
Status 01806402h
DN_DRIVER_LOADED
DN_HAS_PROBLEM
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_REMOVABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER
Problem 0000000Ch

This is same problem with any card. Belkin card was first card to be fitted and worked until PC was shut down for the first time after installltion. HP and Belkin tech help cannot solve- This is not a BIOS problem

Driver stack from PCIscope.
Type Device Name Driver Name Module Name
FDO \Device\{C1E94259-C638-4B54-B4BB-D0BC27863A51} \Driver\Airgo \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\wnihdd50.sys
Lower FiDO \Device\PcCard0-0 \Driver\Pcmcia pcmcia.sys
PDO \Device\NTPNP_PCI0010 \Driver\PCI pci.sys

Problem even present after over the top reinstallation of W2k.

This is a challenge for an EXPERT! Suspect TI1410 driver

Thoughts
CristianoCQ

First I want to thank you all for the effort on solving this bug.

I had the same problem with the Compaq Evo N1020v hanging with the Linksys WPC54G and solved it using the suggested downloads from the HP site.

I just want to add that the download that solved the problem was the "System Enhancements Disk for Windows XP", version 3.00E, found on the "Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs" list. The filename is SP23223.exe

There is other download called "System Enhancements Disk for Microsoft Windows XP", version 3.00H, that can lead us to think this is the updated version for the 3.00E. It is not!

The first time I downloaded the "System Enhancements" I ignored the version 3.00E and downloaded just the version 3.00H, but the problem persisted.

Then I went back to the HP site searching for some other drivers and decided to give it a try and it worked!

So, in a nut shell: download and install all the "Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs", including "System Enhancements Disk for Windows XP", version3.00E AND version 3.00H.

Cheers!
Arv_1

I am still facing the problem ? Is there any other solution?
kcam001
Frequent Visitor

Hi folks. Just found a solution to the N1020v problem with the PC-cards that actually works and was suprisingly simple. the problem was not with the card controller or the driver but the size of the UMA thats set by the BIOS. The way to fix this is to go in to the bios advanced settings and change the UMA frame size from 32MB to 64MB. when the pc is re-booted this should allow the wireless pc cards to work fully. Hope this helps
BytesDoc

Here is specific file to fix problem on Compaq's web site:

File name: sp22322.exe [1/1, 1.27M]
Released: 2002-09-04
Version: F.12 A
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000
Fix/Enhancement: Adds code and ucode for B-1 CPU support.
Fixes the issue where PCMCIA wireless NIC cards were not working.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=38035&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=fr&os=228&product=95500&sw_lang=
Tavasti
Occasional Visitor

Thanks actually just changing UMA frame size from 32MB to 64MB from Bios, Did the trick.

Thanks a lot.
Tavasti