Communications and Wireless
1752681 Members
5355 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

What is your preference for HPE Micro Data Center upgraded Patch Cables? 28 AWG, 26 AWG, 24 AWG? Why

1XTechnologies
Occasional Advisor

What is your preference for HPE Micro Data Center upgraded Patch Cables? 28 AWG, 26 AWG, 24 AWG? Why

What is your preference for Data Center Patch Cables AWG Size? 

Do you find yourself using the common 24 AWG Cat 5 cable with the standard connectors or do you need more space in your cabinets going for the 26 AWG or 28 AWG specialty mini patch cords? 

How does the patch cord size it impact your HPE strategy for your Micro Datacenter on site? 

(Just in case you're not familiar)

Complete Infrastructure in a Box

The HPE Micro Datacenter delivers an integrated solution providing a complete software-defined reference architecture from Docker to Helion Cloud. It incorporates compute, network, storage, and facilities and IT control automation.

The complete system is built utilizing data center infrastructure management (DCIM), Intel® DCM and Schneider Electric StruxureWare DCO/DCE, including capacity management software.

HPE OneView provides an integrated automated IT management environment for ease of management.

Each unit includes facilities infrastructure, remote outlet switching, remote UPS/CRAC power management, integrated security, leak detection, and fire suppression and detection for a turnkey solution.

Future automated software-defined facilities workload protection and emergency shutdown capability an industry first.

1. Does this have a great impact on your server speed or temperature in your units?
  2. Does this choice affect the porformance of your system?

Any help on this would be great. We are thinking about which to go with so let me know what your experience is.  

1 REPLY 1
1XTechnologies
Occasional Advisor

Re: What is your preference for HPE Micro Data Center upgraded Patch Cables? 28 AWG, 26 AWG, 24 AWG?

I am really hoping one of you will have the HPE micro datacenter and can let me know your thoughts. Talking to no one isn't good for your health!  :-)