9224 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

8810 dual fabric 3Comos upgrade

adiltaleb
Advisor

8810 dual fabric 3Comos upgrade

Hi All,

I have two 8810 with dual fabric running standard image of 3comOS 3.01.31r and i want to upgrade them to advance ersion.

Please, can you tell the best practice to do this upgrade is such configuration?

Regars

Certified 3Com Enterprise LAN Exper/ IP Telephony VCX Expert
2 REPLIES 2
Shirin
Frequent Advisor

Re: 8810 dual fabric 3Comos upgrade

I guess you will have first to upgrade the master then pass the upgrade from it to the slave.

I do not think there is a best practice in this case. As software version changes, the way you do an upgrade changes too.

Also, it will be dependent on from which version to which version the upgrade will be done, and in which environment.

The best if to read and follow the release notes which came with the advanced software you want to use. From my experience that's the best you do.

aydinkocak
Advisor

Re: 8810 dual fabric 3Comos upgrade

Hello;

My experience are the following may be not best way but it is running :

Firstly remove secondary fabric and update master fabric(bootrom and application) and reboot the chasis for restarting new image If everything went right shutdown the chasis remove the master fabric and insert slave fabric ( with old image ) and repead same procedure. When two fabric image version are the same insert two fabric and restart all chasis. Finally You may update I/O module boot code .

Warning!!!: Please read carefully minimum requirement about fabric and I/O module bootcode version for new version image.

I applied this method because if there was a problem about master fabric when software update at least i would have one working(Old imaged Slave Fabric) fabric :)

Best Regards

AYDIN KOCAK,

3COM Enterprise LAN Expert ( Pre & Post Sales),

TippingPoint Security Engineer,

CCNA,CCDA, CCIE R&S Written
AYDIN KOCAK,

3COM Enterprise LAN Expert ( Pre & Post Sales),

TippingPoint Security Engineer,

CCNA,CCDA, CCIE R&S Written